Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sweet Tea

There is an old saying "If Life gives you lemons, make lemonade". It's a great saying and the advice behind it is solid and timeless. But what do you do if you hate lemonade? Say for instance you are really a sweet tea person? This is where I am at.

For the record I would like to clarify, it is not all "Life's" fault. It is a combination of life, divorce, depression, the state of the economy and my own choices.

This blog will chronicle my journey to leading a (dare I say it?) frugal, happy, productive and meaningful life. My goal is to be as self sustaining with the resources I have available while still maintaining a comfortable life in keeping with my beliefs and respecting the enviroment we live in. Whew! That was kind of a lofty statement.

What it boils down to is this. I want to share what I am learning about saving money, making do with less, leaving a smaller footprint and creating a better quality of life for my family. I am hoping somewhere out there are other like-minded people who will stumble on this blog and share there insights. No man is an island and the prospect of doing this alone is not only daunting but lonely. If you are reading this, please leave a comment! I would be thrilled to know I am not alone out here. Knowing this in a general sense isn't as comforting as hearing from a real breathing person.

Hope to hear from you soon, Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment